Sunday, December 6, 2009

Crafty things



Yesterday my husband and I where out shopping and came across this gorgeous book for his mothers birthday - she loves abit of craft and this book is absolutely lovely.. I used to be abit crafty when I worked for Coats Patons years ago designing knitting patterns and yarn, but then as always we "run out of time". We got home and looked up Pip Lincolne's blog - Meet me at Mike's and its great - she is a legend and she has a store in Brunswick St Fitzroy we are going to check out - I think I feel abit of a crafty moment coming on - with the latest thing in homewares being to buy unique - one off - hand crafted items that are not mass produced, this is pretty hard in our industry as I guess if we are honest we do need to live off our "craft" ...but I am trying to achieve this in some of the beautiful products we buy out of India - they are hand-crafted in more of a contemporary way - which adds more of a personal feel and look - especially as each one is different! Check out Pip's Blog to get inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment