Monday, May 2, 2011

Beechworth and Beyond

Our little relaxing hideaway in the country, above and below shots of our lovely Colby Cottage just out of Beechworth last week - I miss it already. Back to the city and all I want to do is read Country Style and think about starting a veggie garden. We cooked wonderful breakfasts on the beautiful little old stove and reclined on the well worn sofa in the sun. I am sure that I would love to live in the Country - just have to convince the husband! The weather looks abit wild - thank god for the open fire! 
Below is the very elegant Spa at Beechworth, I just loved the inside decor, including sheer curtains tinted copper and matching metallic hints in the tiles, and then outside the trees where on show with their fabulous Autumn tones, such a wonderful time to visit and try my first Kodo Rock massage! I would totally recommend it if you have never had one before.
We met some very inspiring people on our trip to Beechworth, including the Morris family at their organic and biodynamic winery Pennyweight, it was wonderful to meet people who are so passionate about their products and we happily went home with a stunning bottle of Riesling and Muscat. I did feel rather jealous of their incredible property above. And below the local Church that I was rather keen on renovating! And yes it was for sale :) 

1 comment:

  1. Great to see you spent some time discovering Beechworth and surrounds.You have certainly had a good introduction to the finer things in the region. Hope to see you back again soon. Jamie

    ReplyDelete