Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ellis House

So not long now and we will be spending our weekends relaxing in the Country (well hardly relaxing, more like painting, gardening and decorating) and I can't wait! So over the past few weeks as well as trying to nut out the perfect paint colours, I have been busy out and about sourcing wonderful finds for the house. It is amazing what you can find when you start looking! As well as many other things I have been looking for the perfect dining table which will seat 8 for the last couple of months. We really wanted a simply styled French Farmhouse table, with character and history. I found a fantastic 19th Century English table 3 weeks ago, and wasn't sure so let it go - but it was passed in at auction so I tried my hand at auction bidding this week and I am now the very proud owner of a wonderful table with loads of history, which as it happens matches my gorgeous antique Japanese stool.


No comments:

Post a Comment